It's the day we catch up on laundry and normal inside household chores to start our week again. It's also a busy on the farm day as well. Since we have been getting rain our grasses are growing and the yard and pasture are starting to grow fast. There are areas we won't be able to get to today but for the most part it will be neater. For the pasture areas it's also a snake deterrent and they are waking up hungry with a nasty disposition with the warmer weather.
We also just bought another grill, this time a split electric and charcoal. We have a large charcoal/wood smoker but it just isn't doing it for us during the week when we prepare dinner. Grills are a great way to create low fat, heart healthy dinners and with the introductions of electric grill safe smoke pellets it adds the smoke flavor. The gas portion means no-waiting. We can use that side for quick fix dinners. Best of all, the kitchen clean up is a snap!
So here is our to-do list. Lets see how much we complete.
- Finish assembly of grill
- Mow (mostly John). Our yard isn't the typical neighborhood yard, it's an acre.
- Laundry including bed linens and comforter.
- Clean kitchen, organize refrigerator for next weeks meals.
- General household tasks including bathrooms, sweep and mop.
- Create more space in the garden area, about 200 sf more (mostly me, I'll blog this later)
- Plant Corn, beans
And as usual, we ALWAYS welcome volunteer help....just kidding!